Monday 13 April 2009

Cindy Sherman Article
























Cindy Sherman: I'm every woman - Times Online



"To me, these sound like soppy afternoon-TV storylines. Hearing her admit to them surprises me. If you read feminist critical theory on the subject of Cindy Sherman, you will encounter examinations of gender so convoluted they can tie a man’s cortex into sailor’s knots. But Cindy herself seems to operate on basic instincts."

“I don’t even bother reading that stuff. And I don’t even understand it when I do try to read it. It’s been happening for so long now that it just has a life of its own. I’m never thinking in theoretical terms. I’m not that kind of person.”

Very interested to read this on a lazy Easter Sunday...Sometimes wish I didn't bother reading 'that stuff' either, although I suppose I'm glad to know which stuff they're referring to...progress indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment