Wednesday 15 April 2009

Ads by Google

I didn't ask for this. Just a couple of prompts and two easy clicks and there we are. However, I am a little wary of the methods employed by the 'people who watch the machines' They're allegedly not people but spiders who crawl the site. Well I like spiders, but real life spiders don't 'crawl' anywhere. I have met a few creeps though...some in I.T.

It was all made a little too easy.....I do realise that this sounds completely paranoid and a little bit provocative considering I'm using the very medium I'm questioning, to question. I'm just wondering what ads will turn up next. Do the ads question my integrity? What do they say about me?...Can I use key words to alter the ad flow? If so, how much fun could that be?...or not? Do I have any power? There might be a project in the relationship between the blogger and the 'spider'...maybe. Or not.

In the end I took the ads off as they became reaaallly irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment